FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
437 views 4 comments
by anonymous

I have 4 Teltonika units with outstanding orders for more:

I have problem after problem with them.  1) Data to server (MQTT) file does not send what is in the Json code it adds square brackets (tho the dialogue for brackets is off), the code entered has only the required brackets and there is nothing in the etc/config file.  2) It sends two sometimes more data packets (with the same time stamp), despite only one query  3) Taken two working sims directly out of IoT gateways but RUT956 will not connect via mobile.  4) There is no easy(ish) way to configure sending multiple Modbus RTU registers via MQTT.  5) There is lots of trip wires with connection issues that are not apparent.  6) On a reset to factory defaults it doesn't clear all data, so you are unsure if the config files have been cleared.  7) None of my suppliers can offer basic support because they don't understand the units and waiting for an answers on here - well.....

Edit

I have uploaded the troubleshoot file.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi!

Are you on a current firmware version?

Regards,
timelapse admin
by anonymous
Yes, thanks, I uploaded the latest version and installed it two days ago.
by anonymous
And does it work now?

Otherwise the supporters in this forum are usually very helpful.

Regards,
timelapse admin
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with your experience with our devices.

I will address each of the issues in the order that you wrote them:

• Data to server (MQTT) file does not send what is in the Json code it adds square brackets (tho the dialogue for brackets is off), the code entered has only the required brackets and there is nothing in the etc/config file.
    • This is because this field is meant for JSON strings. The square brackets indicate the beginning and the end of the JSON string. The square brackets produce a list, while the curly brackets produce an object with key pairs. In between these brackets, data is inserted in this format:

{"TS": "%t", "D": "%d", "data": %a}

• It sends two sometimes more data packets (with the same time stamp), despite only one query
    • A few things could cause this:
      • Two requests with the same register specified;
      • Two Data to Server instances with the same filter applied;
      • Connection issues;
    • To troubleshoot this issue further, I will ask you to attach a troubleshoot file. It can be generated by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and can be attached to the original post. It will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.
  • Taken two working sims directly out of IoT gateways but RUT956 will not connect via mobile
    • It's hard to say what could be causing this issue. However, a troubleshoot file after replicating the issue would most likely show the reason. This is usually caused by incorrect APN, PDP type, locked SIM card, etc.
  • There is no easy(ish) way to configure sending multiple Modbus RTU registers via MQTT.
    • Could you clarify the issue? Modbus RTU registers are configured exactly the same as Modbus TCP in the Data to server module.
  • There is lots of trip wires with connection issues that are not apparent.
    • A troubleshoot file would be needed along with a more detailed explanation. Perhaps signal levels are low?
  • On a reset to factory defaults it doesn't clear all data, so you are unsure if the config files have been cleared.
    • The configuration files are deleted. Only the system files are left, which cannot be deleted, as they are used to restore the system after the factory reset. Only the SIM card PIN is saved on factory reset.
  • None of my suppliers can offer basic support because they don't understand the units and waiting for an answers on here - well
    • You can reach out to us - Crowd Support forum moderators, and we will help with any issue you are experiencing. More ways to contact us can be found here.
Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Thank you very much for coming back to me. I have sorted most of the problems over the weekend, except the Mobile issue that is really disconcerting as it is the backbone of the reason for using this equipment and I believe I have done everything I can think of to sort it out, although, I am not ruling out something minor that I am missing.

I have uploaded a troubleshooting file on the original comment.
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for the troubleshoot file.

If you are sure that you are using the correct APN, could you navigate to Network → Interfaces → General, edit the mobile interface, and change the PDP type to IPv4/IPv6?

I will also ask you to lock the device to LTE-only mode by navigating to Network → Mobile → General settings. Select the network type as LTE-only.

It seems like the issue at the moment, is that the carrier does not provide an IPv4 address. Could you clarify if you have a private network? Or are you just using a standard IoT network?

If the first two suggestions do not help, please generate another troubleshoot file.

Best regards,
DaumantasG