FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
200 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hi!

I created a vpn client on my rut240 and it connects to my vpn pfsense server. I used a shared key to setup the connection and got it working by using the Auth digest algorithm set to Sha1. I can ping from my pfsense server to the rut240. Only when I try to connect from a computer that is in the behind the pfsense server I can't ping to the rut240. Any tips on how to get this working?

I attached a screenshot of the firewall just wanted to know if this is alright?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

You are unable to reach RUT from the PfSense LAN, but you can reach it from PfSense itself. Is that correct?

Could you please check if PfSense has masquerading/NAT enabled on the OpenVPN interface? Also, check that forwarding to the LAN zone is allowed.

Also, make sure that the device connected to the LAN network of PfSense has a default gateway configured and is pointing towards PfSense.

You can find a lot of information regarding OpenVPN configuration on our wiki page here.

Additionally, if you want your RUT device to be able to reach the LAN network of PfSense, you can push the PfSense LAN network from the server. For example, you add the following to the configuration: 

• push "route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0"

With this configuration, OpenVPN client will know that it can reach the 192.168.1.0/24 network via OpenVPN tunnel.

If the issue persists, could you please post the routing table of the PfSense server and the troubleshoot file from RUT?

Also, are you using the latest firmware version? If not, would it be possible for you to update to the latest firmware version with 'keep settings' turned off?

Kind Regards,

Andzej