FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
98 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have a RUT950, and there are 2 cameras connected with 2 lan cables. More times a day it happens that the stream of one camera stops or becomes very unstable and the in the system events of the router it's written that the lan cable constantly is plugged in and unplugged. After a while it goes back to normal and then starts again after some hours. I tried to changed the lan port and nothing changes. It happens only with 1 camera.
by anonymous

Hello,

I am seeing kind of the same behaviour, which i have not done previously with the same hardware. 

I have used a RUT950 at several occasions over the last two years. I use it together with one camera, that is the only device connected to the RUT. I have this setup for temporary use, so i run the RUT and the camera for maybe 2 weeks and have done so for 3-4 times. Previously i have not faced any issues of this kind.

But 1 week ago i started to prepare for a new session. So i did a firmware upgrade to version RUT9_R_00.07.04.1. 

I had the camera and the RUT running for a week indoors. Yesterday i moved the equipment outdoors, still using the same RJ45 cable between the camera and the RUT. 

During the night the LAN3 port where camera is connected started flapping. It also seems like the WIFI and Mobile interfaces were flapping too. 

Given the fact that CPU/WIFI goes down/up aswell as Cellular i think in my case there might be more to it than just bad cable. 

Link flapping

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

If you have indeed tried connecting the camera to a different LAN port of RUT950, but the issue still persists, could you please try to change the Ethernet cable between RUT950 and this camera?

Your current description is very similar to a situation, which occurs when a damaged Ethernet cable is used. Changing the cable should solve this issue.