FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
926 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

i have noticed on my rutx50 that carrier aggregation happens only in regard of how many the network band is used(during downloads and speed tests)

When i'm browsing or utilizing less band it stops to aggregate and shows only a single band connected.

Is there a way to force carrier aggregation even when the network is not utilized much?

I have good signal values on the cell i'm connected to with bands B7,B3,B1.

Thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Carrier aggregation is mostly controlled by the ISP, so it might not be possible to force the router to constantly aggregate multiple bands.

Also, could you clarify if you are referring to 5G NSA falling back to 4G when not much traffic is flowing, or are 4G bands also not being aggregated without much traffic?

One workaround could be to lock the router to a cell, which will force the primary band to be the one with a weaker signal, but the secondary bands will constantly stay connected. On the RUTX50 a command like this should be used:

gsmctl -A 'AT+QNWLOCK="common/4g",1,<EARCFN>,<PCI>'

More information about these values can be found here.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Thank you for your response,

Yes i was referring to 4g bands only not being aggregated.

The cell lock did the trick! now i have all bands available aggregated constantly.

Thank you for yor help!
by anonymous
Glad I could help!

Best regards,
DaumantasG