FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
180 views 0 comments
by anonymous
I need enable vrrp between cisco c1100 router as backup role and RUTX12 as primary role from some different vlans. is it possible ?

I done the testing for vlan 10 but not working as expected.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The VRRP should work, however, I do not have a Cisco device to test it myself.

It seems that VRRP on RUTX12 has a higher priority so it should be the master in this case. On the other hand, if the router was not aware of the VRRP on the Cisco device, then it would have been a master. So it seems that it is aware of that, but for some reason, it does not take the master role.

Thus, it would be great if you could review all of your configurations and VLAN settings, especially the VRRP preemption. The preemption should be enabled on RUTX12 by default, so check the Cisco device. If the preemption is disabled, the backup router will not be able to take a master role.

Next, could you check if the VRRP advertisements are sent and received? Also, is the information in those advertisements correct?

To check, connect to the RUTX12 via SSH/CLI and execute:

• opkg update
  • opkg install tcpdump
  • tcpdump -i eth0.10 vrrp

(assmuming you are using VLAN id 10, or you can simply use eth0).

You can also save this into a file and share it:

• tcpdump -i eth0.10 vrrp -w /tmp/vrrpdump.pcap

This will write to a pcap file and store it in /tmp/ folder. You can then download this file from the router. You can use SCP (WinSCP) to download it.

Kind Regards,

Andzej