FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
176 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi!

I have a RUT950 installed at a customer's site. The modem is connected to the internet via the customers WiFi. The WiFi isn't always stable, so sometimes the modem loses the connection to RMS, re-connecting as soon as the WiFi is available again (so far so good). However, at some point the modem refuses to re-connect to RMS even if the WiFi connection is ok. A simple restart of the modem solves the issue. This has happened several times now. It is embarassing to ask the customer every time to manually restart the modem. How can this be solved? See attached troubleshoot file! Thanks!

David

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I would suggest starting by updating the firmware of the device to the latest. v7.3 had some issues with the WiFi on RUT9xx devices, so this might be related.

Secondly, could you clarify if this troubleshoot file was generated after the issue reoccurred? Logs on our devices are stored in RAM, and when the device is restarted, all of the previous logs are lost. I would recommend generating the logs once the issue reoccurs and before restarting the device.

However, if the event is captured within the troubleshoot file, perhaps you remember the approximate time when this happened?

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Hi DaumantasG

Thank you for your response. I will updated the firmware as soon as the modem is online again.

The troubleshooting file has been created while the error was active. The Wifi connection seemed to be ok, but the RMS connection status showed "General Error". Shortly after troubleshoot file creation I have power cycled the modem. I do not know the exact time, somtime around noon time 26.04.2023 (Singaporean time).

My theory is that once the RMS connection status is shown as "General Error", the modem does not recover by itself. Maybe this can be verified by the firmware team.

Thanks!

David
by anonymous
Well, let's see how it goes after updating the firmware. At the moment the logs do not indicate any issues, so it would be a guessing game.

Let me know when you have the results!

Best regards,
DaumantasG