FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
217 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have an working IPsec IKEv1 VPN tunnel (Phase 1 and 2 up and traffic is passing through) with an RUTX11 with firmware RUTX_R_00.07.04.2 .

For some monitoring and failover/routing scenarios i configured the fields "Local source IP" and "Remote Source IP" in this IPsec tunnel settings. As "remote Source IP" i wrote 10.0.45.137/30 and as "Local source IP" i used 10.0.45.138. I wanted to ping these tunnel ip addresses (for switching between 2 ipsec tunnels).

But saving this the Phase 2/IPsec goes down, just the Phase 1/IKE stays up.The peer VPN device is a Palo Alto firewall.

1) Why?

2) And has something else to be configured when using  "Local source IP"/virtual IP and "Remote Source IP" to be able to build up the tunnel and be able to ping this?

Best regards.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Thanks for providing detailed explanations.

Currently, I am unable to confirm any of the issues and the case has been relayed to our RnD department.

Thanks for the testing.