FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
155 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I have a RUT955 installed remotely, but I have local support if anything goes wrong. It has mobile and ethernet internet and has a gnss receiver connected to LAN port 1 through static IP.

Yesterday I could access it remotely (web and ssh) but I couldn't access the gnss receiver. My local support went there and couldn't connect his laptop to the Teltonika (the ipconfig showed on cmd that there was a device connected on 192.168.5.1 - Teltonika IP). On the Teltonika it showed that there were two devices connected (LAN 1 and 2 - receiver and laptop).

After some testing (no solution) I decided to factory reset the Teltonika (lost remote connection), and it remained the same, but the IP changed to 192.168.1.1 (as it should have), but still no connection to it. Also tried the bootloader, but still couldn't get a hang on the Teltonika.

Has anyone been through a similar issue?

Thanks in advance.
Gonçalo Henriques

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you please tell me what exactly you mean by no connection?

Are you not able to reach the WebUI of the device at all? Or maybe it hangs on the login screen?

Can you access it remotely (for example, does the device appears online in RMS)?

What is the behaviour of the LEDs on the device?

Also, is my understanding correct that you were not able to reinstall the firmware via bootloader? If so, what was the issue?

Kind Regards,

Andzej
by anonymous
Hello,

What I mean by connection is that I can't access the Teltonika through ssh or WebUI, with LAN connection or WiFi.

I can't reach it at all. Even though the LEDs behaviour seem normal and the laptop recognizes the Teltonikas IP, nothing happens when I try to access it.

At the moment, I can't access it at all. Beforehand I could access the Teltonika remotely, but nothing connected to it was able to make a connection. After I did a factory reset, I lost the remote connection (which is normal because the IP changed), but still remained unreachable.

I couldn't even reach the bootloader. Did all the steps, the LED's blinked as they should, but couldn't reach it. Tried static IP and DHCP, but still unreachable.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Gonçalo
by anonymous

Hello,

For troubleshooting purposes, ensure that both your PC and the router are not connected to anything else. The only connection should be between the RUT and the PC through the ethernet cable (you can also disable any VPNs running on the PC to ensure that 192.168.1.0/24 network is not routed via VPN for some reason). Also, please make sure that the cable is not damaged and double-check if you have followed the bootloader instructions correctly.

If you are still unable to access the device, then there is not much that can be done here. If the device is still under warranty, I suggest contacting your sales manager or reseller who sold you the device to initialize the RMA procedure.

Kind Regards,

Andzej