FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
249 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Does anyone have a real world DMVPN config that works. The various example configuration, that I have seen, would probably work in a lab but once the WAN interfaces are behind NAT or a carrier network I can't see it working. Every time I build a config I get failure at IKE phase 1.

My plan is to use 2x Cisco ISR 4000 series as hubs and upwards of 100 RUTX as spokes. I don't need interconnection between spokes in fact this is not preferred.

I could crate 100+ GRE over IPSec tunnels but that is painful. DMVPN, if it works, is much neater.

I already operate a DNVPN network using 600+ Cisco spokes so very familiar with the technology.

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

In this wiki arcticle we have the latest working config, any other config example seen in the wiki has some flaws.

This is for phase 3 for inter spoke communication but you could disable options to make it not work. And that option would be the Redirect option in NHRP config part of the DMVPN config