FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
283 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello

I want to use a RUT240 as a wifi repeater to boost wifis on a boat while moving from marina to marina. I followed the instruction RUTOS relay / Wi-Fi extender / repeater / bridge configuration - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

However I am blocked aftter disabling the DHCP server: there is no "Relay configuration" section as there should be according the the wiki. 
I am using the latest FW 7.04.1 and installed the packages named "Relay configuration" and "UDP Broadcast Relay". 

I found in "Network --> Interfaces --> Relayd" a possibility to create an interface. See attached picture.

Could you please tell me if it is the correct way to use my RUT240 as a wifi repeater? 
Maybe it would make sense to update the wiki. 

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Sorry if the information on the wiki page is not up to date. It should be updated in the future.

You can follow the configuration example, but you will need to download a relay package and then configure the Relayd on a different configuration page.

Please, navigate to Services -> Package Manager and download the Relay package from there. 

Also, before you disable the DHCP server (if you disable it before the next step, you will lose access), navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> Relayd and add a new relay configuration there.

To ensure that two-way communication, navigate to Network -> Firewall -> General settings and edit the WAN zone (WAN => LAN). Add LAN zone in Inter-zone forwarding to Allow forward to destination zones section.

Then, you can disable the DHCP server in Network -> Interfaces -> Edit LAN interface.

Let me know if this works for you now.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous

Hello Andrez 

many thanks for your answer. I could implement the steps until the firewall as I receive an error message when wanting to save the firewall rules:

Here is the state before I try to do the change. 

Kind regards, 

Francois 

by anonymous
Hello Francois,

This is odd as I was able to add the zone without issues. Have you tried to reboot the device? Are you using the latest firmware version?

Kind Regards,

Andzej