FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
103 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi I have a RUT240 FW Ver   RUT2_R_00.07.04.2. I want to toggle the state of the i/o using an SMS  command. This seems simple from the guide but doesn't work for me. I can send iostatus and get a response but ioset has no effect. I am able to toggle the output from the i/o  status page in the WebUI.

The trouble shooting file is attached, can you give me some guidance on what is wrong?

Regards

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If you take a look at the way ioset rule is configured, it only sets the output pin to high state.

To set output state to low using SMS you would need to configure additional SMS rule.

For this, login to router's WebUI, navigate to Services -> Mobile utilities -> SMS utilities. At the bottom of the page add a new rule by giving it an SMS text, for example ioreset with Action set to Change I/O state. In the rule configuration window enable it, set State option to Low and save the settings. 

In order to execute it, send the following SMS to the router:

• <routers_password> ioreset

Best regards,