FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
696 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello together,

can you explain to me, which protocol does "Speed Test" use, which is available in Teltonika GUI?

Would it be possible to host some own private Speed Test Server for use with Teltonika GUI when using Teltonika devices in a network environment, which has no internet access?

And where are server lists loaded from?

Thank you!

Best regards

S.K.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If by protocol you mean transport layer, it is TCP. 

The graphical interface does not allow to define servers. The list of servers, used by the router can be found in the following location in the router: /tmp/serverlist.json.

The CLI application though does allow to set server's URL with -u option, however, I have not tested it with other servers. Also, in case of CLI, considering that you do not have internet access, I would suggest to use a different tool - iperf3.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello,

thank you for explaining!

In our network we don't have internet access and our users are no experts regarding command line use.

So ist would be best for usability and convenience if we could provide them web Interface speed test.

So there is a way to customize a server list.

But what I didn't understand, has this server to be an iperf server?

Or what kind of TCP server will do the job?

Best regards

S K.
by anonymous

Iper3 is only one of the utilities to perform speed measurements. It can run on any machine in your network in server role, without dedicated hardware.

Since command line tools are not your preference, you can look for alternatives with graphical interface. An example on Windows could be OpenSpeedTest-Server, which you can install from windows store and conveniently use for testing from any machine in your LAN network. This video provides instructions on how it is implemented.

In most cases though, if the link to the server is via ethernet cables, you should be reaching the maximum speed of the associated ports, which can be either 100Mbps or 1Gbps.

Best regards,