FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,611 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

User account "PINNACLETELTONIKA"

RUT955 with SERIAL / MAC 1000885945 / 00:1E:42:20:84:79

Current Firmware. RMS on router says "connecting" then says failure.

RUT955 with SERIAL / MAC 1100231997 / 00:1E:42:21:B2:EE

Firmware 5.02.5. RMS on router says "connecting" then failure (License is not assigned yet)

Current firmware

Can Teltonika please take a look at this account and advise what is happening? I've purchased licenses and am unable to monitor these devices. Is it something to do with them being previously used perhaps?
by anonymous
OK. These now work with no changes from me. Did anybody touch something or is there some "regular" updates happening on RMS that we need to wait for?
by anonymous

If somebody did change something could you also look at:

1100320956 / 00:1E:42:18:F1:F0 

Please. Same issue with this device.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Please check if this router "1100320956" has internet connection. Also, try to disable/enable monitoring in router WebUI.

0 votes
by anonymous

Old firmware versions (below  V.06.00.00) connect to the server with direct VPN tunnels and use port 15000, new firmware versions (V.06.00.00 and above) connect with MQTT (SSL) connection and use port 15009.

If our router has V.06.00.00  or higher firmware version router must connect to RMS through port 15009!

If our router has lower than V.06.00.00 firmware version router must connect to RMS through port 15000!

by
Ok - I'll have to check this port when next physically at the router. I'll perform the firmware upgrade also.
by anonymous

I've moved 4 modems from one account (coheat) to another (PinnacleTeltonika) and I am encountering the same behaviour.

Modems that were connected perfectly under the "coheat" account (so must have all the correct settings) do not connect to the "PinnacleTeltonika" account. This is true even after the modem reboots. (I have an auto reboot set each day)

Only by going to the modem in person, factory resetting the modem, and upgrading the firmware (to V.06.00.00 or higher) will these modems then connect to RMS.

I think this is a bug somewhere.

I will try "moving" a modem by first upgrading the firmware (to V.06.00.00 or higher) AND changing the RMS port settings, then moving the modem to another account.

by anonymous
Ok, that works.

If your (previously registered) modem has firmware older than V6 then it WILL NOT reconnect to RMS if you unregister the device from one account and try to register it to another account. You will have to at least upgrade to firmware V6 and probably factory reset it too.

If your (previously registered) modem has firmware older than V6, BUT you upgrade the firmware to V6 or newer BEFORE you deregister it from RMS, then you can register it to another account and it will just work.

So there is some bug with RMS that prevents modems with old firmware from moving between accounts.

I hope this is helpful to others.

Marko