FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
533 views 8 comments
by anonymous

I get these logs below every 30 seconds after installing RUT36X_R_00.07.04.2 firmware. How can I fix this?

Sat May  6 18:14:40 2023 kern.info kernel: [  180.760600] epc = 77d2f58b in libsqlite3.so.0.8.6[77d26000+c9000]
Sat May  6 18:14:40 2023 kern.info kernel: [  180.766963] ra  = 77d82493 in libsqlite3.so.0.8.6[77d26000+c9000]
Sat May  6 18:14:45 2023 daemon.err mdcollectd: SQLite error: database disk image is malformed

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The easiest way to get rid of this issue would be to reinstall RutOS using the bootloader procedure described here.

It seems like the issue is one of the system files responsible for keeping track of data consumption is corrupted. I'm not sure how this could happen, but it's most likely caused by the update with the keep settings option enabled. We check this feature with 2 previous firmware releases, thus if older firmware was present, errors like this can happen.

Let me know if it helps!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Thank you for your suggestion. I would use the bootloader procedure, but the router is at a remote area, so no physical access for some weeks.

Interestingly, while trying to set a static DHCP lease, I was getting errors (missing mac) about three previous, already set leases before the upgrade. After setting the mac of these three static leases, the errors stopped.
by anonymous
Just to clarify, are the original errors gone, or are the errors about missing MAC?

Either way, if data usage is not that important to you, this does not look like a serious issue. Once you are in the location of the router, I'd recommend performing a factory reset via the bootloader and the error should disappear.

If this does pose an issue for you, let me know and I'll look into what could be done to mitigate it remotely.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
My impression was that the original errors about mdcollected and sqlite were gone, but it seems that they are present after reboot only.

If this could be mitigated remotely, it would be much better, as I am not aware when I will be able to go onsite.
by anonymous
Hello,

I will ask you to replicate the issue, then navigate to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and generate a troubleshoot file. This file can be attached to the original question and will only be visible to Teltonika moderators. This archive contains the logs along with the configuration, which hopefully will allow me to determine what could be the cause of the issue.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
troubleshoot file uploaded
by anonymous

Hello,

The only way we could try to remove the corrupted database files would be by deleting them from the storage. I will ask you to log into the CLI or SSH of the router, and run these commands:

/etc/init.d/mdcollectd stop #stop the data collection service

rm -rf /usr/lib/mdcollectd/mdcollectd.db_new.gz #delete the database file stored in the flash

rm -rf /tmp/mdcollectd.db #delete the database file stored in RAM

rm -rf /tmp/mdcollectd1.db #delete the duplicate database file stored in RAM

reboot #reboot the device

I don't think this will remove the database completely, but it's the best shot here. Let me know how it goes!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Hi, thank you

After running the commands and reboot, the error disappeared. I will keep checking for a few days just in case.
by anonymous
Glad to hear that!

Let me know if the issue reappears.

Best regards,
DaumantasG