FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
229 views 8 comments
by anonymous
Hello, with my RUTX14 I cannot establish remote access via DDNS (https://www.dynu.com). Internet source - SIM card. In local network its available to connect with VNC or SSH. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you check, if your SIM provider has assigned you with a public IP address? Please login to your router's WebUI, navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> General, and see the IP of MOB1S1A1 interface. If it starts with 100.x or 10.x, you are behind provider's NAT and DDNS will not work.

Alternatively, if the above is not true, check, if you have remote device access enabled in System -> Administration -> Access control page. 

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thank You for fast response! Yes, IP starts with 100.... I cannot use DDNS, right?
by anonymous
Unfortunately, that is most likely the case.
by anonymous
Thanks, could you please tell me, what should I ask mobile provider, I need to have remote access with DDNS, so I have to ask several mobile providers, ask what exactly? Mobile internet without NAT and Shared Public IP?
by anonymous

That is correct. You need to have a static or dynamic public IP address.

Alternatively, you could consider a VPN, such as ZeroTier, which does not require public IP, only a client application to have installed. 

Teltonika also provides it's own cloud solution, Remote Management System, which allows to access the router remotely, as long as it has internet connection. 

Best regards,

by anonymous

To use RMS  I still have to have static or dynamic public IP address, or I can use my Public Shared IP? 

by anonymous
RMS does not have requirements for IP addresses, it works even if your provider gives a private lease, as in your current case.

If your device has never been added to RMS before, you should receive a month's worth of service to test it out.

Best regards,
by anonymous
So, RMS is not free?
by anonymous
It is a paid set of services.