FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
951 views 2 comments
by
I am currently using Open VPN community TUN to connect multiple RUT950's to an Windows VM on Azure Cloud. I need software on the VM to communicate with devices connected the the RUT950's using a fixed private IP. The RUT950's are using sim cards and have unfixed IP's. The current solution works fine but it quite time consuming, when I need to add,remove or edit clients. Can you suggest a paid and more automated solution that might do the same job ?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Perhaps PPTP could fit for your needs? 

communicate with devices connected the the RUT950's

What protocol is used? Perhaps HTTP?

by
Would that work for multiple RUT950's at different IP's and then one VM ? VM needs to communicate with all RUT950's , no 950 to 950 comms.

the OPenVPN is using UDP, the software on the VM is an OPC server using modbus TCP.

EDIT: Also, the VM is in the cloud, no RUT950, is there a Azure PPTP Server application or add on?
by anonymous

EDIT: Also, the VM is in the cloud, no RUT950, is there a Azure PPTP Server application or add on?

Contact with your provider support and ask for possibility to use PPTP