FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
157 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

i have a RUT 360

from Firmware Versions 07.04.0 up it is not possible to connect to AXIS Cameras anymore!!!

when i downgrade to firmware 07.03.04 it works and i can connect to the Axis Cams - AXIS Companion

here is some BUG inside from Firmware 07.04.0 up in all Versions!!

it is not possible to connect to AXIS Cams with the Software AXIS Companion...

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you provide a topology, explaining how the cameras and the software interconnect. 

Are you trying to connect from the same network or some remote location? 

In remote access case, is the WAN used wired or mobile? 

Do cameras respond to pings from the RUT360?

Could you attach a troubleshoot file to your question? Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous

Hello,
Ok in my Emvirement it is a AXIS S3008 Video Recorder and 2 Cams on its ports
my Gateway is the RUT 360
The RUTE 360 connects via the Sim Card inside > LTE to the Internet
the Internet is working fine and i can connect to any Site on the Internet

so AXIS has a Software (AXIS Companion) to connect remotly to the system over the internet...
for this is not necasary to open some port or anything...
the connection from the Software to the Recorder works over the AXIS Cloud Service

the Recorder opens a secure connection from inside to the AXIS Cloud Service in the Internet 
and with this connection i can connect via the AXIS Companion Software or the AXIS Mobile App from anywhere in the World over the Internet to the Recorder and his cameras....
with Firmware 07.03.04 works all perfectly

but when i upgrade to a Firmware Version higher than 07.03.04 i cannot connect to the Video Recorder or Cams anymore from outside....
also i was testing with the new firmware to Setup the System (Recorder and Cams ) newly and then with the new Firmware it is also not possible to setup the system correctly....
the setup process always stops with the error:
"device certificates could not be provided "

but when i downgrade to the version 07.03.04 i can do the setup process and i can connect to the Recorder and Cams from outside normaly...

also i attach the Troubleshoot File
the file i create now with the working Firmware...
maybe you can see here something, but i want not go to the newer firmware again for Troubelhooting and setup the system again all new... i was testing and working for found the problem with the firmware a half day now...

Thanks
Bernd

by anonymous
file is now uploaded
by anonymous

Thank you for the details.

From the troubleshoot file, I see that the device itself has very few changes from the default configuration other than lan interface IP. Since the file is from the working version, I can only think of a couple of possible differences between this and 7.04 versions. Traffic flow offloading enabled by default (disabled in your working version) and increased mobile MTU size. 

Based on that, what you could try is to login to your router's WebUI: 

• Navigate to Network -> Firewall -> General settings and disable Software flow offloading option; 
  • Navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> General. Edit MOB1S1A1 interface settings, switch to Advanced settings tab. In the Override MTU field try the following values:

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hello,

Ok i was now upgrade the firmware again to version 00.07.04 and test again...
after upgrade it was not working
after i check flow offloading > it was disabled
after i set the MTU for the MOB1S1A1  interface to 1420
and then it is working now with MTU 1420 !!!
the connection are fine now and i can connect to the Recorder and the Cams

thank you very much for your help

Greetings 
Bernd

by anonymous
That is good to hear.

Best regards,