FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,299 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have problems with the 5G speed on the RUTX50.
Therefore, I have to ask if any other users have reached speeds above 330 Mbit/s?

Firmware RUTX_R_00.07.04.2 is installed.

Furthermore, I also read the thread
https://community.teltonika-networks.com/57606/router-throttling-by-mobile-operators and applied the setting.

Also Software flow offloading under Firewall->Generals is enabled.

I have a clear line of sight to the 5G base station. I can throw rocks at it, that's how close it is. ;) Other devices reach speeds of between 1.2 - 1.4 GBit/s (iPad, Iphone). But RUTX50 at best 330 Mbit/s. Have also tried other antennas in different locations nearby to make sure the SINR value is excellent, the other transmission values are always good or excellent. Have changed SIM cards and verified in other devices that higher speeds are allowed which reach speeds up to 1.4 GBit/s without any problems. In one place I had a bad SINR value and then the speed was as low as 730 Mbit/s while the RUTX50 then only reached the speed of 90-120 Mbit/s.

Is there something wrong with my RUTX50? Or is this a known limitation?

Fortunately, a good friend of mine is a radio technician on 4G and 5G with 30 years of experience in mobile networks, so we have also tried to lock certain bands based on the Swedish operator Telia's setup. We got a small improvement in speed but never over 330 Mbit/s.

We have also tried different times of the day and also other days to rule out overloads. The other devices usually perform above 1 Gbit/s but never below 730 Mbit/s (with bad SINR).

Any suggestions how to solve this? I was thinking of ordering several of this model but am skeptical after all this mess. Unfortunately I ordered this from a retailer here in Sweden so I have no right to qualified support from Teletonika.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Questions posted in this forum are reviewed by technical support engineers from Teltonika, thus, it is a right place to share your issues related to Teltonika networks products.

Looking at your case, considering that you have already made a number of initial troubleshooting steps, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. To generate the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

The logs and device configuration details contained in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thanks for your answer, I just sent the troubleshooting file for you in a private message. :)
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for the file. I have taken a look at it. Though everything looks mostly fine, I have a couple of notices:

• You have two WAN connections: wired and mobile. Wired interface has a higher priority, and based on the traffic counters, over 5 days of device operation, all of the traffic was forwarded through it. The same applies for failover configuration, wired connection has a lower metric. Mobile interface data counters show only 1MB downloaded and 973KB of uploaded data. Could you navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> General, and place mobile interface above wired WAN?
  • The router has Auto APN option enabled in Network -> Interfaces -> General page mobile interface settings. The APN value it obtains automatically is 'halebop.telia.se'. Is that the correct value? Could you check, what APN do other deices, that achieve higher speeds, get?
  • This might be unrelated, but your router has an open SSH WAN port. There is a lengthy list of IP addresses, which have attempted to connect your device. I would like you to make a backup of your current configuration, reset the router to factory default settings and see if performance improves.

Best regards,

0 votes
by anonymous
Hey,

we noticed similar behaviour during an initial test of the RUTX50.

The speed of an iphone14 pro was about 1 Gbit/s via 5G, and the speed of RUTX50 was significantly slower (I think about 450 Mbit/s).

We did not tweak any settings like offloading or TTL. In other threads there was also noticed bad LAN performance - we did our testing via LAN.

A 5G router of another vendor was a bit faster (about 600 Mbit/s) but also slower than an iPhone.

Network was Deutsche Telekom in Germany.

Regards
by anonymous

Hello,

Please try testing with Software flow offloading enabled in Network -> Firewall -> General settings.

Also, make sure your device has the latest firmware version installed.

Otherwise, as requested above, please send a troubleshoot file in a private message. 

Best regards,