FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
132 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hi!

My network diagram is in the figure below. The IP connection works flawlessly, there is ping between each device. Is there an option in TRB140 that needs to be selected to accept OSI protocol transferred via IP? Now I have TRB140 in bridge mode the best option for me would be if TRB140 was completely transparent to the network.

Thank you for your answers

by anonymous

The scheme of my network

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you clarify what do you mean by "to accept OSI protocol"? Do you have any specific protocol?

Bridge mode is exactly what you want. When it is set, no firewalling is applied and it acts as a transparent gateway forwarding traffic directly to the device it is connected to. 

Could you provide more details on the goal that you want to achieve?

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thanks for your comment,

I want to tunnel NSAP address which is comparable to IP but in OSI networking. My device allow me to tunnel it over IP and that tunnel is already configured. I need NSAP address to comunicate device with aplication installed on Windows.

I configured the TRB140 firewall so that every option is set to "ACCEPT", and I also added traffic rules. Additionally, as I mentioned before, the ETH port is set to bridge mode.

Best regards,

Adrian
by anonymous

Hello,

Apologies for the late reply.

I misunderstood, what was meant by the "bridge".

In the LAN network, it is a virtual interface, which connects multiple other interfaces, by extend broadcast domain from a single interface to multiple housed under it. Usually this is used to keep wireless and LAN networks within the same domain, in order for all the devices to be within the same subnet and firewall zone, get IPs from the same DHCP.

In regards to mobile interface, "bridge" has another meaning, and that is what I thought of. When configured in this mode, mobile interface passes IP address assigned by ISP to the first connected interface, or interface, which has its MAC address defined in mobile interface settings of TRB140. In this mode, most of the device's functionalities, including firewalling are disabled, and basically it operates as a transparent gateway.

In this case OpenVPN client would have to be the device behind TRB140. 

Based on your current configuration and firewall settings, I do not see, what could be preventing NSAP transfer, if it is carried over IP protocol.

If there are specific ports, used by your device to tunnel this, packet capture with TCPdump utility can be attempted to see, if intended packets reach TRB.

Best regards,