FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
289 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Firmware available on server sometimes says No update available, but after some tries or reboots it founds new FW. And this repeats randomly.

HW: RUT241 with FW RUT2M_R_00.07.04.1
FW RUT2M_R_00.07.04.2 available for download from Teltonika Wiki.
I think, there is some problem with UI and communication.
I have found out:
Request
https://10.109.0.1/api/bulk
with body
{"data":[{"endpoint":"/api/system/firmware/updates/device","method":"GET"},
{"endpoint":"/api/system/firmware/updates/modem","method":"GET"}]}
when get response with body:
{"success":true,"data":[{"success":true,"data":{"device":"N\/A"}},{"success":true,"data":{"modems":[{"id":"1-1","update_exists":"0"}]}}]}
Shows wrong info("No update available") in UI instead of some type of error (as seen in response device is N/A).
Below I show examples of communication between UI and HW:
Response (part of it) with error:
{
    "data": {
        "device": "N/A"
    }
}
Reponse (part of it) with update:
{
    "device": {
        "version": "RUT2M_R_00.07.04.2",
        "size": "12256209"
    }
}
Reponse with newest FW (part):
{
    "device": {
        "version": "newest",
        "size": "0"
    }
}
I think, text "No update available" is confusing.
It does not mean "there is no update, you are OK", but it means "I cannot find any update, there is some problem with internet, server, etc."

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Currently, we have a feature in development, where the user will be notified about the new firmware releases. This should increase security, as more users will stay up to date on their firmware. This will also resolve this issue, which can be caused by multiple factors like missing internet connection, SSL issues, or server issues. This information will only be checked once the device has an internet connection.

Thank you for your input!

Best regards,
DaumantasG
Best answer
by anonymous
Thanks, that sounds great.