FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
229 views 8 comments
by anonymous
Hi,
To be sure my 4k videocameras will be always connected to internet, I've decided to buy the router RUT955, to apply failover, when the wan fails.
But I'm worry about Lan 100, will be enough to save the film of the 4k videocameras? Is there any of this routers with Lan 1000?

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

RUT955 does have a limitation of 100Mbps ethernet ports.

I do not recommend RUT955 for 4K video transmission/streaming as a single stream might take up to 30Mbps of bandwidth.

If no WiFi or mobile capabilities are necessary in your case, I would suggest to have a look at RUTX08 device, which has 1000Mbps ports.

Best regards,
by anonymous
RUTX50 would indeed provide a good solution as a mobile failover, considering you have good LTE/5G coverage in your area.

If 5G is not available, RUTX14 could be used instead.

RUTX12 can be considered, as it has two LTE Cat6 modems, thus, the device could be used in load balancing configuration, meaning that all (two mobile and WAN) interfaces are operating at the same time. However, since Cat6 modems separately would not reach sufficient speeds, different camera streams would have to be manually routed through different interfaces and, in wired connection failure case, mobile might not be enough to support stable streams as well. And that is not including possible throughput decrease due to weather conditions or tower loads during more busy hours of the day.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Thanks.
I'm not sure about 5G coverage where I want to try it, because of this and your suggestion, I wanted to take a look to RUTX14, but where I buy the don't have it. They have RUTX11.
I've read the specification, and I've seen 2G/3G/4G, 3 ports Lan 10/100/1000Mbps, and failover (wan to sim). That's all what I need.

Do you think it's good for me RUTX11, or I should look for RUTX14?

Thanks very much
by anonymous
If wired WAN is reliable, RUTX11 can be attempted. Simply be aware that it has a single LTE Cat6 modem, which in theory maxes at 300Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink. Actual results will most likely not achieve such speeds, also mobile performance varies over longer periods of time, meaning that it is not as stable as wired connection. Thus as a failover, mobile connectivity might not be sufficient.

The above are, of course, assumptions so, if possible, I suggest to test the device.

Best regards,
by anonymous

Hi,

I have no possibility to test the device, for this reason I want to be sure to buy what I need.

There is the main router, with optical fiber
The other router, with 4G.
If wan goes fine, there is internet everywhere, devices and videocameras.
If wan fails, there is only 4G internet to videocameras.

Is it ok? is this router which I need for failover from wan to 4G?

PD. If I've got good 5G I can use RUTX50, if not RUTX14, isn't it?

Thanks

by anonymous
Mobile is a highly variable and not always predictable, but you are correct: if you can buy RUTX50, that is the device to go, otherwise, pick RUTX14.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Thanks very much.

If 5G is not good, but 4G yes, RUTX50 is also ok?
by anonymous
That is correct. RUTX50 has a powerful LTE Cat20 as well, which is capable of reaching high speeds.
by anonymous
Thanks very much. So, I'm going to buy RUTX50