FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
479 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello all!

This is not the first time I face this issue with different RUT240 devices.

The thing is that I attempt to access the Teltonika shell via SSH using PuTTY client but I get the following error:

PuTTY Fatal Error

Server unexpectedly closed network connection.

I have checked Administration -> Access Control -> Enable SSH access. I even created a firewall rule for incoming packets at port 22, and set all the default rules to accept.

The first time it happened to me, and I was blocked when trying to access the SSH shell, I thought it could be something related to the network or the PuTTY version, etc. But, as it has happened in different networks, with different IPs, and different PuTTY versions. Now I'm wondering if there is some hidden setting that I am missing

Has somebody had this same issue when using SSH?

Thank you very much in advance

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

It's hard to say what could be the issue without having a troubleshoot file, however, I will ask you to log in to the device and navigate to System → Administration → Access Control → Security tab. Try disabling the IP block and check if you can log in to the SSH. If that helps, try looking for your IP address and unblocking it in the list of blocked IP addresses. Also, make sure you are running the latest firmware.

However, if that does not help, I will ask you to navigate to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and generate a troubleshoot file. This file can be attached to the original question and will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

Best answer