FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
367 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I'd like to troubleshoot on my own why my internet connection drop out from RUTX14. Can you suggest me on this example(attached) which file and line I should search for this info.

Regards,

Lveuce

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

The troubleshooting steps depend on what WAN source you are using. However, since you are using RUTX14, I assume the issues you are facing are mobile connection-related. It is best to troubleshoot after the issue reoccurs. Download the troubleshoot file, open it using 7zip or a similar archiving tool, and in the troubleshoot folder you will see a few .log files. For mobile connection, the main ones you should be looking at are system.log and gsm.log.

The system.log file contains all of the event logs. So for example one thing I noticed on the first look in the system.log file, is that the router is trying to set different APNs in the hope of receiving an IP address from one of them, but it is timing out:

Thu May 18 14:34:34 2023 daemon.info mobifd: [gsm.modem0] APN '' isn't prepared for PDP 1, preparing it
Thu May 18 14:34:35 2023 daemon.info mobifd: [gsm.modem0] Initializing modem. Please wait.
Thu May 18 14:34:38 2023 daemon.info mobifd: [gsm.modem0] APN '' was successfully prepared for PDP 1
Thu May 18 14:34:38 2023 daemon.info mobifd: [gsm.modem0] Attempting to establish connection to operator with 10 seconds of timeout
Thu May 18 14:34:58 2023 daemon.info mobifd: [gsm.modem0] APN 'Internet' isn't prepared for PDP 1, preparing it
Thu May 18 14:34:58 2023 daemon.info mobifd: [gsm.modem0] Initializing modem. Please wait.
Thu May 18 14:35:01 2023 daemon.info mobifd: [gsm.modem0] APN 'Internet' was successfully prepared for PDP 1
Thu May 18 14:35:01 2023 daemon.info mobifd: [gsm.modem0] Attempting to establish connection to operator with 15 seconds of timeout

The exact reason why this is happening could be explored in the gsm.log file.

In the get_net_reg_stat (get network registration status) query, we can see that the modem is searching for an operator:

get_net_reg_stat:
{
    "mode_id": 3,
    "mode": "Enabled (with location information)",
    "status_id": 2,
    "status": "Searching"
}

This could indicate a few things, such as:

• The operator is denying registration to the device;
  • There are no cell towers from your operator nearby;
  • Operator whitelist is configured incorrectly;
Of course, there could be many more reasons, and most of the things I mentioned are mostly speculation. It should be kept in mind, that troubleshoot file is mostly a tool for an internal investigation of what could be wrong, and is not oriented toward customers, so some information might not be as easy to understand, and no learning resources are available.

If you do not manage to figure out what could be wrong with the device, please provide more information on this case and I will be able to help with further troubleshooting the issue.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
DaumantasG 

Best answer
by anonymous
Wow thank you for this explanation, honestly I'm receving on this forum all necesary answers and I'm greatfull, but because I'm basic user,who use it only at home I think my issues might be solved by myself, because they are I think straightforward.

However for this particular example may I ask you to dig down to this issue.

Please do not consider Mobile connection issue for this time,looks like GSM operator blocked roaming on this card, because it is extra sim and my main one sits at phone, which works good.

Can you tell me why my RUTX droped internet connection yesterday. I had to power off it and after restart it woke up. My restart happened around 4pm CET yesterday and before that I sourced my WAN from WIFI SSID:Vodafone-BC13 and at some point it stopped to source internet from it.

Regards,

Lveuce
by anonymous
Hello,

I've looked up the errors, and it seems like it was WiFi driver-related. This issue is supposed to be fixed in the v7.5 update, which is planned to be released around the beginning of July.

Perhaps the WiFi router that the RUTX is connecting to supports 5GHz? If it does, could you try switching the RUTX to a 5GHz channel?

If it does not, could you try changing the 2.4GHz channel to 1 on the access point?

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
It's OK for me to wait for 7.5 update.Meanwhile I will jump to 5GHZ client.

Thank you

Lveuce