FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
556 views 7 comments
by anonymous
We have a RUT240 that we have been testing with different Data providers.

When I use the Verizon or AT&T SIM that we have, the router recognizes it and connects with no issue with all settings on auto.

When I try the T-Mobile SIM, it doesn't work. I get no internet. When looking at the status page, it seems like there's no SIM. When I change the APN directly to T-mobile, status page then tells me its connected to the network on 4G, but the internet status is disconnected.

The T-Mobile SIM is setup on a router data plan from T-Mobile and I have confirmed the card works. When tried in a tablet and in a different router, it works with no issue. I also had T-mobile confirm that there should not be any blocks on the account and the plan on this SIM is specifically for use with cell routers.

Are there some settings in the router I need to change to make this work, or is this an issue possibly on T-Mobiles end?

Any help appreciated.
by anonymous
In what country? I noticed familiar issues with t-mobile SIM.. in Croatia t-mobile internet wont work.. or will work werry slowly...
In webaccess it shows 4G/LTE but works less than 1mbps... if i put sim card in mobile phone it shows 5G but still works slow or does not.. When i install A1 SIM it works perfectly..

T-Mobile global problem?
by anonymous
Hello,

The OP is most likely in the US, as the other operators mentioned are US-based.

Could the issue in your case simply be a weak signal in your area?

I've also seen cases where the cell tower is extremely overloaded, and even if the signal is perfect, the speed will be similar to what you described.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
I don't belive that the problem in my case is due to weak signal or "overloaded" cell tower because i have tested in 3 different locations (always 3/5 LED of signal on my RUT) across Croatia and same results..

For 1 location i also know where the tower is and tested almost beneath it.. when i switched to different SIM from another operator it worked perfectly.. Also tested in different seasons (one location is at sea side) same results.. in winter on 1 location is almost a ghost town there and you would expect that it would work fine, but sadly it does not.
by anonymous
As I understand, the issue is replicable on a mobile phone as well. In this case, I'd contact T-Mobile for clarification. Most likely speed cap was placed on the SIM card for some reason.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Have tried that... They just responded: "Everything works normaly by us"... I suspect that their network or SIMs are faulty...

In 2 years 3/20 tries worked somewhat normaly...
by anonymous
OP here,

I am located in the US. I'm working directly with a T-Mobile rep who says everything is set on that end.

I thought about signal strength and did try moving to a different location and trying it again with the same results. If I take the SIM out of the router and pop it into my tablet, it works without a problem. It just wont work in the RUT240.

As an update to this issue, I requested a Cell router directly from T-Mobile (An Inseego fx2000) that came with a SIM programmed in it. This device works without issue, but when I take the SIM out and pop it into the RUT240, this also will not work.

At this point, I have tried a few different T-Mobile SIMs in the RUT240 and none have worked. Per T-Mobile, there is no locks or blocks on these cards and they should have worked in the RUT240 same as in the cell router from them.

Is there anything setting wise in the RUT240 that I need to change or configure for T-Mobile to work with it in the US?

I added a photo and a troubleshooting file to the original post for the moderators.
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you try manually setting the APN to fast.t-mobile.com and PDP type to IPv4/IPv6? This can be done by navigating to Network → Interfaces → General and editing the mobile interface.

If that does not help, could you contact T-Mobile and check if the IMEI of the RUT240 is not blocked on their end? IMEI of your device can be found in the Status → System menu, under the internal modem tab.

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

It's hard to say what the issue could be, so in order to understand it better, I will ask you to replicate the issue, log into the WebUI of the router, navigate to System → Administration → Troubleshoot, and generate a troubleshoot file. This file can be attached to the original question and will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

Best regards,
DaumantasG