FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
191 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Can i do this new RUT956 and new software i looked but looks like it have to do different?

i need to everyday 60min interval 5s digital pin4 off and back to the on

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

While we do have scheduling options in the new WebUI, for short time periods it might be simpler to use a Crontab to enable/disable the I/O.

The command to enable the digital output will be

ubus call ioman.gpio.dout1 update '{"value":"1"}'

And to disable:

ubus call ioman.gpio.dout1 update '{"value":"0"}'

So for a Crontab, this bulky command could be used:

ubus call ioman.gpio.dout1 update '{"value":"1"}' && sleep 5 && ubus call ioman.gpio.dout1 update '{"value":"0"}'

It basically enables the digital output, waits 5 seconds, and disables the output. With a help of a Crontab, we can run it every hour, and the final syntax will look like this:

0 * * * * ubus call ioman.gpio.dout1 update '{"value":"1"}' && sleep 5 && ubus call ioman.gpio.dout1 update '{"value":"0"}' >/dev/null 2>&1

This entire line can be pasted into the crontab file (by running the crontab -e command via the CLI). To edit the file, press the i key. and to exit the VI editor press ESC key, colon (:) key, type wq, and press the ENTER key.

And that's it, the router will enable the digital output, will wait 5 seconds, and will disable the output again. This script will run every hour.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

yep that work just fine yes

by anonymous
Great to hear that!