FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
249 views 7 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I have a series of errors on a RUTX11 firmware 07.04.3:

2023-05-19T16:23:30+02:00 lgrrutx ntpclient[15501]: [           get_time_from_modem: 613] error: Failed to get proper datetime from operator station: Not found

gsmctl reports:

root@lgrrutx:~# gsmctl -y
EG06ELAR04A08M4G
root@lgrrutx:~# gsmctl -D -H 2
Failed to get request. ERR: Failed to parse response
root@lgrrutx:~# gsmctl -D -A AT+QLTS=2
OK

On a RUTX50 same fimware:

root@lgr5g:~# gsmctl -y
RG501QEUAAR12A07M4G_04.001.04.001
root@lgr5g:~# gsmctl -D -H 2
23/05/19,16:41:44
root@lgr5g:~# gsmctl -D -A AT+QLTS=2
+QLTS: "2023/05/19,16:41:47+08,1"

I have never seen these errors in version 07.02.7.

Regards,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you make sure the SIM card is inserted and connects to the carrier properly?

I've tested the functionality after updating from v7.2.7 to v7.4.3, modem firmware EG06ELAR04A20M4G, and only managed to replicate the issue when the SIM card was not inserted. From the output of the AT command, it seems like the modem itself does not have the correct time, so I would double-check the connection with the carrier.

Here is the output from the testing RUTX11:

If the issue replicates with the SIM card inserted, please generate a troubleshoot file. Thank you!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

Best answer
by anonymous
After checking the logs I have seen that this issue occured first when I upgraded the formware from 07.04.2 to 07.04.3 there was several other modem errors at this time however the device was somehow able to establish a connection to the operator.

A reboot has fixed it, no more errors.

Thank you.
by anonymous
Let us know if the issue reoccurs.
by anonymous

Yes, the error re-occurs. This is on a RUTX50 07.04..3 

root@lgr5g:/etc/config# gsmctl -y
RG501QEUAAR12A08M4G_04.200.04.200
root@lgr5g:/etc/config# gsmctl -D -H 2
Failed to get request. ERR: Failed to parse response
root@lgr5g:/etc/config# gsmctl -D -A AT+QLTS=2
+QLTS: ""

I have attached a TS file to the initial question.

by anonymous

From the logs it seems like the mobile connection gets dropped from time to time, are you experiencing any connectivity issues?

The only log I can see related to time is:

[get_time_from_modem: 613] error: Failed to get proper datetime from operator station: Not found

And it seems to have occurred right after the modem has connected to the operator. At that point, it might not have synchronized the time with the carrier yet. Could you clarify if this issue is rectified by restarting the internal modem? 

If so, we would need to figure out what exactly could be causing these issues, and escalate it to the modem manufacturer, as it seems like even the modem cannot update the time, so our RnD team will most not be able to do much here.

Keep me updated.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
I don't have connectivity issues, RSRQ=-7 dB SINR=21 dB download ~200 Mb/s upload ~35 Mb/s however the provider forces an IPv4 renew twice per day and several times on IPv6.

The errors doesn't always occur right after a modem reconnection there are many instance in the log file. And the related gsmctl -H 2 and AT+QLTS=2 always fail.

Restarting the internal modem doesn't help. Just tried.
by anonymous
Hello,

I was finally able to find the ticket in the RnD system regarding this issue. It's planned to be addressed in the v7.5 release.

Thank you for reporting this issue!

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
I'll wait thank you.