FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
221 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hey everyone,

at some point, the TRB140 just disconnects an never comes back. The LEDs suggest that I have connection, but ping 8.8.8.8 fails. Restarting the connection solved the problem. Currently we circumvented the issue with the Ping/Reboot feature (thanks for that).

I attached the troubleshoot file.
For our server, the device was lost around on the 30th of May around 22:33 GMT+1 (UTC+2?). Maybe an interesting information: our ISP has dynamic and static IP contracts. In order to make the dynamic IP contracts not quasi-static, you get a very short dhcp lease. Maybe that helps.
Thanks for your help in advance and
best regards,
Markus

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

At your mentioned time, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. Although I can see that the mobile connection was lost around 20:33. The time that the mobile connection was lost does correlate with the time of DHCP lease renewal time (the last one was at 19:34), so it might be that the mobile carrier is refusing to renew the existing address to your device, thus it loses the mobile connection for a few seconds. After the reconnection, the device receives a different address.

Now why the connection would not be restored on the TRB is a different question, as it keeps renewing the address completely normally and nothing out of the ordinary is visible in the logs.

Could you clarify how often this happens? Did this start happening with the device out of the box, or after a certain update?

I will also ask you to update to v7.4.3, as this release contains some improvements to the mobile connection. Perhaps it will help.

Let me know how it goes!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Hey,

thanks for your quick reply. I happened out-of-the-box. We went for your device, because the consumer routers keep crashing actually. The setup was done by a non-technician. Sim card in and fire. No settings changed until I activated the ping reboot.

Concerning the frequency, I can't give precise information. I restarted the connection yesterday and it happened again 3,5 hours later. Before, it took 2 days until it went off. Unfortunately the device is remote, so we can't always restart it. Now with ping reboot, I might get more insight on this.

How do get this update to 7.4.3? Can I get it via the WebUI or do I have to install it manually?

Cheers,

Markus
by anonymous
Hello,

To update the firmware, log into the WebUI, press the firmware version in the top-right corner, and if the device has connectivity it should be able to find an update via FOTA. However, if it does not, firmware can be downloaded manually from here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/TRB140_Firmware_Downloads

Make sure to select Device Firmware and not the modem firmware when updating.

Best regards,
DaumantasG