Using a RUT955 in a car I would like to record the GNSS messages (every 5 seconds) during a 5 week road trip. I am afraid that the file becomes too large.
1) Is there a limit to the maximum file size of the recording (from filesystem perspective using a uSD card in extended mem mode before the card is actually full (64GB))
2) Would it be possible to change to a new file each day? How to set this using the WebUI / UCI?
3) Not tried this, but maybe a hack would be to do a daily reboot and add a user script that changes the gps.nmea_collecting.location?
- uci set gps.nmea_collecting.location="Location-of-the-file-for-today"
- uci commit
4) Another solution I am working on is using a NMEA forwarding to a local port and catch the data using a python script (works) that then should send daily progress emails (todo ;-).
I just would like to have the build-in recording as a backup and for further analysis of difference between GPS/Galileo/etc.