FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
162 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hi there,

I have had my RUTX11 modem for a couple months - I bought it used.

My setup is: Spectrum modem -> RutX11 -> TP-Router which I turned into an AP in order to prevent double NAT.

I have been having some problems with the modem lately.

1. Voice phone calls have been horrible. The call quality is crappy, as no one in our household is able to adequately to make or receive clear phone calls.

2. The dashboard has been showing this error message: Consecutive SIM failure detected.
3. I have other questions, but the first two are the most pressing problems that we have been dealing with lately.

Thank you in advance for your prompt assistance.

*** Troubleshoot file has been provided. Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

    

There are a few things to note about your configuration:

  • Most of the log file is spammed with notifications about connecting and disconnecting from the carrier. This seems to be caused by your carrier issuing IPv6 addresses while the device only expects IPv4. Please try changing the PDP type to IPv4/IPv6 by navigating to Network → Interfaces → General and editing the mob1s1a1 (or mob1s2a1) interface. To enable DHCPv6, edit the lan zone in the same menu, and under the DHCP settings, in the IPv6 Tab, set the DHCPv6 to server mode.
  • If enabling IPv6 does not increase the connection stability, I will ask you to navigate to Network → Firewall → General Settings and disable the Automatic helper assignment.

The dashboard has been showing this error message: Consecutive SIM failure detected.

Could you clarify what dashboard you are referring to?

    

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

Thank you so much for the feedback and support.

I have made the changes you suggested. "Please try changing the PDP type to IPv4/IPv6 by navigating to Network → Interfaces → General and editing the mob1s1a1 (or mob1s2a1) interface. To enable DHCPv6, edit the lan zone in the same menu, and under the DHCP settings, in the IPv6 Tab, set the DHCPv6 to server mode."

But I haven't done this: "Network → Firewall → General Settings and disable the Automatic helper assignment" because I need to test the other changes and ensure that the voice calls problem persists before I embark on this.

I will keep you informed on what happens with the changes I just made.

Also attached a new troubleshoot file to the original message.

Thank you.

by anonymous
The IPv6 is not as likely to help as the second option, however, I'll be awaiting the results!

  

Best regards,
DaumantasG