FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
217 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Dear all,

I bought a TSW200 and a RUTX10 recently. 

In my setup the RUTX10 is directly connected to the TSW200 and should be powered through its PoE.

Unfortunately it is not working and the RUTX10 does not power up. 

I have followed the steps in the manual precicely and also made sure that the TSW200 has the right external power supply available (50V and 2.5A constantly).

If I use an external PoE injector the RUTX10 is starting and working as expected, so the problem seems to be the TSW200.

Is there anything else I have to take care of or did I just receive a non working device?

Anybody has an idea?

Thanks for your help!

1 Answer

+2 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

For this one, you will not be able to power up the router since TSW200 supports Active PoE (802.3af, 802.3at) while the RUTX10 supports Passive PoE, therefore, it is not compliant with the IEEE 802.3af-2003 standard.

The only way you can power up the RUTX10 via PoE is by using an external PoE ejector which is the one you are currently using.

Best regards,

Robert

Best answer