FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
101 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hello I have a RUT955 that keeps resetting the access point, each time it connects to a gateway, or it fails over.

Is there a way to prevent from AP getting reset? I have instruments connecting to the AP that must share information and each time the AP gets reset my line stops because the different devices reconnect at different times.

I am using firmware  RUT9XX_R_00.06.09.2, and the newer ones will not load.

Current Firmware Information
Firmware version RUT9XX_R_00.06.09.2
Firmware build date 2022-06-20, 07:18:07
Kernel version 3.18.44
Bootloader version 3.0.1

Is there a way to get in touch with support directly?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

This is simply how the wireless operates.

Both, access point and client interfaces use the same radio device. When RUT950 connects to the access point as a client, physical radio is restarted in order to create a new logical interface, reconfigure it and apply new settings.

The solution to avoid this would be to either use a device with two separate radios, for example, one for 2.4GHz, the other for 5GHz, or have a second device, to perform the role of an access point or a client station only.

Best regards,
0 votes
by anonymous
Add a Wifi-USB dongle, to have a second, independent wifi-interface.