FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
79 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi!Teltonika

Please assist to this device rut955 ,when I upload configuration file fail to accept that file there this notifications appear that "the file uploaded isnot compatible with this device".i have done factory reset and rebootlouder still its fail what  I WONDER is this i HAVE OTHER DEVICE WITH THE SAME BATCH WHICH THEY ACCEPT THE SAME FILE AND SAME FIRMWARE WHICH UPLOADED IN THIS ONE THAT FAIL.

Please find the attached troubleshoot file.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like to point a couple of things about backup files:

1. In order for the backup to upload successfully, the backup must be taken from and uploaded to devices with identical hardware and firmware. This is reflected in the device's product code, which can be found in router's WebUI Status -> System page. Product codes must match.
  2. In addition, backup can be uploaded on devices with same or higher firmware versions. Please note that both the devices should be either Legacy or RUTOS.

If the devices differ in their product codes, you can try to copy configuration files only from the backup and move them to the other router using scp/WinSCP, as instructed in this page. The directory with the configuration files is /etc/config, excluding system file. 

Best regards,