FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
161 views 1 comments
by anonymous

I have a problem with RUT955. I want to connect a USB to rs485 converter to it. In addition, I want to transfer the entire system to a flash drive, so I need a usb hub. This is all I have and it works until I connect the rs485 converter to this hub. Then, as I noticed in the logs, during system startup, it is detected under /dev/ttyUSB1, which causes collisions with the modem built into RUT955 and therefore I have no information about the level of cellular network signals and it also happens that RUT955 stops connecting at all with the mobile network. As soon as I remove the rs485 to usb converter everything returns to normal. How to make the rs485 to usb converter always detected as e.g. /dev/ttyUSB5 so that it does not interfere with the interfaces from the modem? Is there a way?

by anonymous
Hello,

As previously asked, could you provide a troubleshoot file, generated after you have replicated your issue?

Could you send it in a private message?

Best regards,

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. 

Please, replicate the issue, so that the related logs would be present in the file, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

I will consult the developers about your issue.

Best regards,

0 votes
by anonymous
Having a large fleet of RUT955s, running heavily customized "official" openwrt, my RUTs also have RS485-USB converters attached, for ModBus. However, cell modem is activated quite late during system startup, in /etc/rc.local. Which has the effect, that RS485-connection via converter shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0, and cell modem to be /dev/ttyUSB1-5, consistently. May be, something similar can be done using Teltonikas stuff.

Running lot of "private" applications on the RUTs, "official" openwrt much more flexible to use.