FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
106 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Using a TRB140 with latest firmware (TRB1_R_00.07.04.3) as an SMS gateway forwarding inbound messages to a CRM API using POST requests.

We're noticing that inbound SMS messages are being split into multiple POST requests to the API resulting in multiple messages being recorded in the CRM.

Message text "Here's another long message without emoji's in it just to see what happens there. And no carriage returns either. I'm assuming that the iPhone uses the cr character for new lines. Anyhoo let's see how this shows up!"

This message was split into two even though it's recorded as a single message by the TRB140.

Ideally I'd like to see the API forward through a fully assembled message instead of the component parts as they come through from the provider.

Essentially it's the opposite of this request Long emails via "Email to SMS" services split when recieved but not when sent using "Send Messages" - Crowd Support Forum | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)

Am I missing something or is this just the way the SMS gateway works?

If it's currently how it works, what's the best way to put in a request to get something sorted in a future update?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Some changes, related to the way SMS messages handling are planned to be included in the upcoming 7.5 firmware version.

If you were interested, I could ask for a test firmware version, to simply check, if the aforementioned changes also apply to your use case.

Best regards,