FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
158 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I read a couple of threads where people had some issues running there router/gateway on bridge or passthrough.

I tested myself on latest mass production (RUTX_R_00.07.04.2 | 2023.04.18) and got massive packet lost (69%) and high RTT (almost twice as in NAT mode).

I only have one SIM, no failover and put the right MAC address, but also tried without and got the same issue.

I receive the mobile operator IP address correctly and the network is working OK for a couple of seconds and then it is stuck completely and after a period of time got back to get some connectivity and same issue and so on.

Is there a known issue on passthrough or bridge ?

Many thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

No issues with the RUTX12 passthrough/bridge mode have been noticed. Could you test the RUTX12 with a few different devices to check if the behavior is the same on all of them?

I would also recommend updating to v7.4.3 to check if the issue is still present.

Make sure you only have one device plugged into the router.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
I was not updating by purpose to stay on mass production firmware but as I also got a TRB500, I see that on the TRB500 the same v7.4.3 is fixing a bridge connectivity issue after the 7.4.2 update, I am wondering if it is the same issue on the RUTX12 and you forgot to mention that on the list of fixes ?
by anonymous
Hello,

No, if I'm not mistaken, the fix only affected TRB500 and RUTX50, not the other devices. Could you clarify if everything is working fine with the TRB500 in your setup?

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Hi,

I tried both bridge & passthrough mode with and without adding the MAC address of my interface and on all that 4 cases I am not able to get the mobile IP address on my interface, dhcp is not giving any answer on my TRB500 running on 7.4.3
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you clarify what device are you connecting the RUTX12 and the TRB500 to?

Have you tried using a few different devices?

I will also ask you to enable the bridge mode on both devices, wait for the issue to reoccur, then set a static IP on your PC to the address in the LAN IP range (e.g. the default for TRB500 is 192.168.2.0/24). By using the LAN IP of the device you should be able to access the Web interface. Navigate to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and generate a troubleshoot file. These files can be attached to the original post and will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

Best regards,
DaumantasG