FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
108 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have installed about 20 RUTX11 for my sites and this is the first time this has happened to me.

I've set up another one, but this device reboots itself when I try to connect to it via LAN cable to my laptop, or remotely to the sim card. When I take the sim card out, it stays on until I put it back in. I've confirmed nothing is wrong with the sim card after testing the sim card on another rutx11. I've also tested with another sim card for further clarification.

Does anyone have any idea about this? I have also performed 3 x factory reset and the issue does not go away.

Thank you for the support.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would suggest trying to reflash the device using the bootloader procedure described here.

If that does not help, I'm afraid this device will need to be sent to RMA for warranty repair. In this case, contact the reseller the device was purchased from or the sales manager you were in contact with.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

Best answer
by anonymous
Hi DaumantasG,

I've followed the instructions of the bootloader procedure. Resetted and firmware upgraded to the same as it was before (RUTX_R_00.07.04.3_WEBUI)

The issue is still there unfortunately. I will look into sending to RMA for repair.
by anonymous
One more thing that could be tried is a different PSU if that is an option. It could be that the additional current is causing such issues.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Hi DaumantasG,

Before switching the PSU today I have decided to run it normally. For some reason the device doesn't reboot by itself. There was no particular changes that I've made since my last comment.

I then switched the PSU and the device runs normally. Still makes me curious of why it just decides to work.

I'll keep monitoring for now.

Thanks.