FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
439 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I have TRB500 that needs to connect to external antennas. It is a drop-in replacement of the previous router so the antennas will remain the same. The antennas in questions are 2x Poynting XPOL-2-5G V3 MIMO, each of them having 2 SMA connectors, 4 in total. Is there any requirements concerning layout on where to connect two SMA connectors of the antenna? For example, should I connect first antenna to ports 1 & 2, and second to ports 3 & 4, or in any different layout, or it really doesn't matter? BTW, FYI both antennas are pointing in the same direction.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

As long as both antennas are identical, and they are pointing in the same direction, there should be no difference where each connector goes. The two inner SMA connectors are mostly used for high bands in both 4G and 5G spectrum, while the outer ones are for lower bands, so since these antennas are identical, it does not really matter.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
DaumantasG
Best answer
by anonymous
Thanks for your answer.

I hope that some guidance should be made available in the documentation. I could't find anything about external antennas.