FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
423 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello guys!

I'm new to the advanced routing configuration of Teltonika Router. Until now I only used it as a bridge and had a separate firewall for my VLAN configuration.

Now I have a customer with a TRB140 and I want to use it as a simple router including DHCP for his local network. We have network devices which should be in the default VLAN und two separate VLANs (IoT, Clients) which with different WiFi networks. I haven't figured out how to set up my TRB140 to create my VLANs including DHCP and routing.

VLAN1 (default)
ID: 1
Network: 10.99.0.1/24

VLAN10 (Clients)
ID: 10
Network 172.16.10.0/24

VLAN99 (IoT)
ID: 99
Network: 172.16.99.0/24

I only want to have a logical segmentation for different devices. Could someone explain, how to configure my TRB140?!

Thank you very much. Best regards, Michael

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

To begin creating VLANs in TRB140, login to device's WebUI and navigate to Network -> VLAN -> Interface based. Next, create a couple of new instances:

• IoT:

• Clients

After that, go to Network -> Interfaces -> General page and create two new interfaces. For example, the configuration for the Client interface could be as follows:

Switch to Physical settings tab. Enter a --Custom-- interface name eth0.X. Replace X with your tag value and press enter:

This will create a virtual interface within the device:

Repeat previous steps for IoT interface.

To test, set the tag for your computer's network interface:

The gateway should now assign it with an IP from VLAN 192.168.10.0/24 pool:

You might want to create different firewall zones to apply separate firewall rules for each interface, like preventing communication between different VLANs. For this, navigate to Network -> Firewall -> General settings page. First, edit LAN zone settings, to remove Clients and IoT interfaces from Covered networks, so that it would not look like this:

Then add a new zone, for example:

Forwarding between zones can be adjusted according to your needs.

As for routing, static routes can be configured in Network -> Routing -> Static routes page.

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you very much. That is what I was searching for.

Best regards, Michael