FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
160 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

We have a service on one of our networks that need SCTP in order to connect. I'm trying to read up on if RUTX(14/50) devices support this protocol, but I can't find anything, leading me to think it does not. I'm also reading that SCTP can be sent as TCP or UDP, so I don't know if outright support is even needed.

Please help. Do we need to buy something else?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

There does seem to be support from the OpenWRT side for this protocol - kmod-sctp (kernel module) and sctp (package). It should be possible to compile the kmod-sctp into our provided SDK, and then the SCTP package could be installed using opkg.

However, as these packages are not officially supported by RutOS, I'm afraid we are not going to be very helpful with the configuration of these packages.

Make sure to add all of the dependencies used by the kernel module!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Thanks for that. I'm a bit hesitant to compile my own kernel due to support and firmware updates, but I might try it in the lab and see. Hoping it'll work by encapsulating it as UDP instead.

Thank you
by anonymous
Update us on how it goes! Perhaps someone else will also find this useful.

Best regards,
DaumantasG