FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
335 views 4 comments
by anonymous
I have RMS email alerts set up for device status changes from Online to Offline, and from Offline to Online.

Sometimes RMS sends the email for offline to online, sometimes it does not. When I check in RMS the device is online.

Also, sometimes RMS sends an email for online to offline & an email for offline to online simultaneously (i.e. email timestamp shows they were sent within the same minute).

Why is this happening?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

This issue seems to be present when the time that the device is offline is quite short, and RMS receives information that the device is online before it has time to process the Online → Offline action. As some users try to use as little data as possible, these checks cannot be done very often.

As the alert functionality should be fully transferred to the new "Alerts & Automations" module, it may have different behavior in these situations. There is also a suggestion registered to add a delay option for these alerts, which should avoid such behavior.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
I've had a look at "Alerts & Automations" but there is no equivalent online/offline parameter available to select.

Am I misunderstanding something or is the functionality not yet added to "Alerts & Automations"?
by anonymous
Hello,

Correct, it's not yet added, but it will be available soon.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
@DaumantasG

FYI this problem occurred repeatedly (about thirty times) over the last two days, which is a massive increase in frequency.

Do you have any ETA on when the online/offline alert functionality will be added to the new templates?
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you provide the serial numbers of the devices that experienced this issue via a private message?

We will take a look at the logs to see if we can find the cause.

Best regards,
DaumantasG