FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
279 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Port WAN (eth1) on router after reboot shows in kernel.log only one entry:

[  523.405615] ess_edma c080000.edma eth1: Link is Down

I am able to connect other devices through same cable so definitely its not wire problem.
Any advice would be appreciated.

My first guess is: port is physically burned, but before sending back to reseller I would like to confirm it.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The WAN port goes down some time after the router has been powered on. 

Could you explain the issue in more detail: does the router experience the loss of wired WAN internet access? Does it recover after the cable is removed and plugged in or after device is restarted?

Could you attach a troubleshoot file to your question? Make sure the issue is present, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

0 votes
by anonymous
What should I look into troubleshoot file?

There is full config of the device so for the obvious reasons I cannot add it here.

Answering the question, port WAN is not working no matter I do, before reboot, after reboot, during reboot, when reconnect utp cable, with new utp cable, with hand made utp cable. Simply it seams to be dead.

My question is - is it anything in such troubleshoot file or other log which can confirm my worries?
by anonymous

Files, attached to the original question are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators.

Alternatively, you can send the file in a private message.

Best regards,