FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
175 views 0 comments
by anonymous
I was wondering what would happen if SIM Switching was configured but no second SIM is installed. Would it try to switch and wait the configured time to switch back to SIM1 or would it just stay on SIM1? I would prefer if nothing happened and it stayed on SIM1.

I'm asking because I currently have to manage about 100+ devices not all of which have to SIM cards installed and I already have enough different config versions to worry about and this would cut the number in half.

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to test the behavior since i would have to block the signal on SIM1 in order to trigger the switch since I don't want to change the primary SIM to SIM2.

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

The SIM Switch will happen, as the device does not have a way to know if SIM2 is installed or not while it is operating on SIM1. However, once it switches, and the condition No Network is met a predetermined amount of times it will switch back to SIM1. The only thing that could be done here, is the periods between checks (and the amount of checks) can be reduced on SIM2, so the switch back to be as fast as possible.

Best regards,
DaumantasG