FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
115 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I'm doing some research on the suitability of the RUTX50 for a project. And the docs show some group permissions, but I wanted to see the entire list to see if it can do what I need..

I need to be able to limit a group's ability to configure networking interfaces.

Users in the group should ONLY be allowed to change the networking addresses (IP/gateway/DNS etc) of the WAN, WLAN, WWAN and DMZ interfaces, but should not be able to modify the LAN, VPN configuration, or any other "admin like" changes.

This use-case is as an embedded gateway in customer premises that routes from my (other) embedded devices though the customer's LAN network. I don't want the customer to be able to see the LAN side of the router so they can't access VPN to our DC.

RUTX50

RUTX50

RUTX50

RUTX50

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

The router currently does not have such an atomic permissions control.

Currently, you can only limit access to certain WebUI pages or give no write permissions, doing what you intend would not be possible at this time
Best answer