FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
960 views 6 comments
by anonymous
HI,

RUTX50 randomly drops mobile connection, leaving 3 LTE connection LEDs flashing - "no SIM card" error. SIM works perfectly fine in other devices without dropouts and works after restarting RUTX50 - if I just leave it be connection remains dropped ad doe snot restore by itself. Cleaned SIM, changed SIM tray, no effect. Router firmware - RUTX_R_00.07.04.3, modem - RG501QEUAAR12A08M4G_04.200.04.200, kernel 5.4.22. I have set auto-reboot for every day at 4 am, it doe snot seem to affect things much. Some days I get no dropouts, some days I get 3 within single hour.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please clarify if the 5G is in NSA or SA mode?

The first thing to try would be to update the firmware to the latest version.

I would also suggest configuring a ping reboot in Services -> Auto Reboot -> Ping/Wget reboot and selecting the 'modem reboot' as the action. This way, when the connection is lost, the modem will reboot automatically and you will avoid the need to reboot the whole device (or a modem) manually.

Try setting the network type in Network -> Mobile -> General to 4G and/or 5G only to check if the connection remains stable on one of them.

Also, ensure that the signal strength and quality are at satisfactory levels in the Status -> Network -> Mobile.

If the issue occurs again, could you please generate a troubleshoot file before restarting the device and attach it to your question? The troubleshoot file can be downloaded from System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot. The attached files are only visible to Teltonika moderators.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous
Hello,

Firmware for everything is at the latest version. No updates are available when I check.

Ping/Wget was enabled to begin with.

Setting network to 5G-only results in loss of signal and no connection whatsoever - "All LEDs turn on and off in a sequence one after the other - The device is attempting to connect to a mobile network operator.", in 4G+5G device operates just fine, apart from the issue relating to the original post. In 4G-only router works, but speed drops from 210 Mbps average in 4G+5G to ca. 37 Mbps with dropouts to 15. Which makes it problematic for me to maintain it in 4G-only mode to see if it runs into any issues - as it can be days before it happens again...

5G mode is NSA, signal strength is between -63...-57 dBm. Band selection is "auto", low signal reconnect is "on" at -90 dBm.

I will try to generate troubleshoot file if it hangs again.
by anonymous
Hello,

Sure. Please upload the file whenever the issue occurs again. Although the connection remains stable with 4G and 5G only drops occasionally (sometimes lasting for several days without dropping), it could potentially be an issue related to the cell tower, signal, operator, etc. However, it would be great to take a look into the logs first.

Could you please check if your phone maintains a stable 5G connection in the same area using the same SIM card? If it does, could you provide information on the bands being used? You can try configuring the RUT50 to use the same bands and observe if the connection becomes more stable.

Kind Regards,

Andzej
by anonymous
Hello,

Unfortunately I do not have 5G phone, so I can't test 5G connection on a difference device. Best I can do is to wait for it to fail again - which has not happened for the last few days, so maybe all the poking around fixed "something". I'm slightly confused as to why it works in 4G+5G mode and does not work in pure 5G, but as long as I have 150+ Mbps I won't complain - it is better than other options I've tried!
by anonymous
Hello,

The 4G+5G mode combines both 4G and 5G NSA networks. The pure 5G mode specifically relies on 5G SA networks. If you're unable to connect in this 5G mode, it's probable that there's no 5G SA available in your case. Hence, you can use 4G+5G mode in your case.

Right now there is no network type option to include both, 5G SA and 5G NSA at the same time. There are plans to introduce increased flexibility in terms of network types through future firmware updates. However, specific dates for when these updates will be available are unknown.

Kind Regards,
by anonymous
Update on the fault. Happened again. despite all setting changes the device will not reboot by itself, it hung there blinking lights for 20 min before I unplugged/plugged it back in to reboot it. When device is "hung" no troubleshoot file can be generated - it just display endlessly rotating "generating file" prompt for 10+ minutes. I pulled troubleshoot file after restart if it is of any use. How do I attach it? I tried linking it up the post - "send to server" - but then I can download the file even if I'm not logged in to the forum!

This is bit of a bummer really, I'm happy with the performance but those random hangups requiring manual restarts are a pain.
by anonymous
Hello,

If the device becomes unresponsive, it may be a different issue and not just the 5G connection.

I will take a look at the files that you have sent and will message you.

Kind Regards,