FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
101 views 0 comments
by anonymous
I would like will send command (for example SER) via COM port RUT955 to the outside device. I set up parameters COM port, but i have issue with select "Serial type" and next steps.

I would like to send “post/get" command with value command for COM port (for example SER). Please advise, how I can this does and what setup for this should be.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please clarify what exactly are you trying to achieve? I am not sure if I fully understood the issue.

Serial console mode can be used to access the command line of the device via serial link. You can find more information here and here.

If you are looking for a way to enable communication between a serial device that is connected to RUT, and an outside device via TCP/IP, you can use the Serial Over IP mode. More information is available here.

If you are looking for a command to send HTTP GET/POST messages from the command line, you can use curl or wget. For example, a command to send an HTTP POST via curl:

• curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"name": "Alice", "age": 20}' 192.168.1.79:5000/api

Kind Regards,

Andzej