FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
196 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Good day!

I have 2 RUT950's - one in my cottage and one in my campervan.

Both are using the "Poynting 4G-XPOL-A0001 Cross Polarised 4G Omni LTE Antenna" but getting much slower speeds than I was getting on the TP-Link Archer MR200 routers I was using before (same antenna, same SIM card Contract with EE in the UK).
(I bought these RUT950's due to an offer on Amazon and the fact I could use in the camper easier due to wide input voltage)

I was wondering if I need to some setting up of the routers to work better with these antennas? Should I be using a different antenna? or is this is what I should expect from the RUT950?

I intend to try with the supplied antenna with the router outside to see if I can get anything better.

Would appreciate any pointers or suggestions to get some better speeds out of the routers.

Many thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

There can definitely be speed discrepancies between two devices due to architectural, hardware, and software differences. However, could you please check a few things?

First of all, make sure you have the latest firmware version installed on your device. Firmware is available here.

Secondly, ensure that software flow offloading is enabled in Network -> Firewall settings.

Additionally, it may be that due to differences in supported frequency bands and the internal modem's logic of the two devices, the TP-Link Archer uses different frequency bands. Hence, when using the TP-Link Archer router, check which frequency bands it uses and set the same bands on the RUT950 in Network -> Mobile -> General. There, you can select the Network type and set band selection to 'Manual'.

You can also find information regarding mobile and third-party antennas on our wiki pages here and here, respectively.

Kind Regards,