FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
189 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi

This question may sound simliar to previous question but it's slightly different.

Other teltonikia modems have function to steer modem to 4G tower (4g preferred / priority)

When will we have the option to select "5G NSA / SA  preferred on the Rutx50 modem?

At the moment when everything is on auto in roaming applications using omni directional antenna, without this option then modem usually defaults to a slower speed but stronger signal strength 4G tower.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The "preferred network" options are planned to be added to RutOS, however, there are no release dates yet for this feature. It should be kept in mind, that with a 5G NSA network, a lot of the parameters are being controlled by the operator, and the preferred network option may not be the solution. There is an unofficial command to lock the device to a certain cell available, so if you would like to give it a go, send me a troubleshoot file (System → Administration → Troubleshoot) via a private message which was generated while the device is connected to a 5G cell, and I'll provide you with the command to lock the device onto that cell.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Thanks, but unfortunately won't work well in our situation as we are a roaming installation (ship)

No problem I think this is more of an issue now due to the carrier (telstra) still carrying out the once in a generation major upgrades in area.
by anonymous
It may be, once all of the cells will support 5G, this should not be an issue, so the transition period may introduce some issues. Once the "preferred" network feature is released, it may help address these issues.

Best regards,
DaumantasG