FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
98 views 0 comments
by anonymous
My RUT995 restarts spontaneously roughly each week.

The firmware is currently RUT9_R_00.07.04.2, but I've seen this happen on earlier versions.

I've checked the event logs, and there's nothing obvious, just a flurry of new device reconnects as the system spins back up.

I've tried setting a regular weekly reboot but that doesn't help.

Is there anywhere I can upload a troubleshooting file to, to get this investigated?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please check the power supply? It would be great if you could try a different PSU for testing purposes. You can find the powering information for RUT955 here.

Also, could you please provide information about the current environment? Is there a possibility of the device overheating?

Additionally, could it be that the device is configured to perform a ping reboot, where it automatically reboots itself when it loses internet connectivity? This feature can be found in Services -> Auto Reboot -> Ping/Wget reboot.

After the device has been running for some time, it would be helpful if you could attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Troubleshoot file can be downloaded from System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot. You can attach it by editing your question. The attached files are only visible to Teltonika moderators.

However, by default, the logs are stored in RAM memory, and they are lost whenever the device reboots. One option is to change the settings in System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot to store the logs in flash memory. This way, the logs are retained even after the reboot. However, please note that these logs do not include all the information and can also reduce the lifespan of the memory. Nonetheless, you can try changing this and attaching a new troubleshoot file after the issue reoccurs.

Kind Regards,