FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
259 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi All,

I have a RUT 956 with RMS Open vpn set up. I have a Schnieder M241 plc connected on the LAN, i can Ping the plc all day long. and i can connect to the plc with the Schneider software.  but when i go online with the plc the connection drops after a few seconds. i can upload and download to the PLC with no problems.

Any suggestions?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please clarify what you mean by 'when i go online with the plc the connection drops after a few second'?

Are you referring to the connection between the PLC and the RUT? Or are you referring to RMS VPN connection from RUT to RMS? Are you able to reach the RUT or the PLC over the RMS VPN?

It would be great if you could attach a troubleshoot file to your question. The troubleshoot file can be downloaded from System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot. You can attach it by editing your question. The attached files are only visible to Teltonika moderators.

Kind Regards,

by anonymous
Thank you,

Ive attached the troubleshoot file.

The connection between the PLC and RUT. When i connect using the PLCs Programming software to the remote PLC through the RUT/Open Vpn. I get connected but after a few seconds, I'm disconnected.  I've tried all the usual firewalls ETC.
by anonymous

Hi,

It seems that there are some issues with the connectivity between the RUT and the VPN. The connection constantly restarts due to inactivity (ping-restart). Sometimes it restarts after a few minutes, but sometimes after less than a minute.

Maybe you have noticed internet connectivity issues with RUT956?

First of all, could you please try to delete your current RMS VPN Hub and re-create a new one?

Also, it seems that the device uses 07.02.7 firmware. Could you please update the firmware to the latest? RUT956 firmware is available here.

Kind Regards,