FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
208 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hi All,

I bought a RUTX50 a couple of weeks ago and have been playing around with and getting used to it.

I am using a Smarty 5G sim data-only plan but tonight i noticed that the bytes received/sent in the Internal Modem section are wildly out.
I have a one-month 30GB sim but for one particular day last week i can see that the bytes received/sent are 132GB/3.2GB respectively, which is impossible because (1) I have a MAX of 30GB available, (2) i never uploaded anything and (3) the router was dismantled, un-powered and packed away in a box for the entire day in question!
The data counters for all the other days match with my Smarty account for total data used.
What could have caused this ? and can i reset the data counters ?

Thanks in advance

Current setup:

RUTX50

Firmware version
RUTX_R_00.07.04.2
Firmware build date
2023-04-14 14:47:16
Internal modem firmware version
RG501QEUAAR12A07M4G_04.001.04.001
Kernel version

by anonymous
update:

since posing this question, the bytes received/sent, for the day in question (22nd June), have changed and gone down...113GB/2.76GB !!

I think i'll have to submit a bug report for this !?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hi,

There were some known issues with data collection on older firmwares, I would recommend upgrading to 7.4.3 FW.

To reset the caluse, you will need to login to CLI, this can be done from WebUI.

login will be root and the password will be the WebUI password.

You will need to execute one command to reset the values:

ubus call mdcollect clean_db '{"sim":1}'

Best answer
by anonymous
That's brilliant, thank you.  I did check for FW updates (via the WebUI) before posting but it indicated that none were available.  I've just checked again now and it still says none available !?!??

I downloaded the new FW file from Teltonika website and have just updated.

That counter reset worked a treat.

Thanks for your help